Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Question about a delay in transmission on cold take off. Well kimmie your transmission when it is cold will not have the full pressure it needs to engage if your seals in the inside of the transmission are hard and/or worn. My suggestion is to put and additive in the transmission to soften the seals. Use only BG products, because they are one of the only ones that work. Since you just had the transmission serviced just go out and buy a can of BG trans additive and just add it to the trans through the dipstick hole. You can find a shop that supplies BG products at BG.com. Drive the car for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. If you still have the same problem then you may need work on the transmission. That is a very expensive venture so definitely try this and be patient, sometimes it takes a month or two for the seals to soften. Good luck with your trans problem and let me know how and if it works. See you soon, cannot wait! Mike

1 comment:

  1. Mik...I don't know where I go to ask you a question so I am just writing on this comment. Last week my new car ran out of gas (my new mini cooper) I had Kailey bring me a gas conatainer and was excited that it had fuel in it. Unfortunately the gas container was not gas (why don't people label things?) I put 5 gallons of Kerosene into my tank ...ouch. My husband drained it as best he could and we started running some gas through and are hopeful that that will be the end of it...Do you have any suggestions for snything else we should check on? allison

    ReplyDelete